Monday, April 2, 2012

Top 20 Photography quotes

These are not the best or most known photography quotes... just my favourite. Random order.


1. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
- Henry David Thoreau

2. “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

3. “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” - Robert Capa

4. “There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer.” - Ansel Adams

5. “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” - Ansel Adams

6. “Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.” - Ansel Adams

7. “If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.” - Lewis Hine

8. “I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them.” -Diane Arbus

9. “Amateurs worry about equipment, Professionals worry about time, Masters worry about light.” - Anonymous

10. “Owning a DSLR does not make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR owner.” - Anonymous

11. “I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good.” - Anonymous

12. “If I saw something in my viewfinder that looked familiar to me, I would do something to shake it up.” - Garry Winogrand

13. “I take photographs to see what something looks like as a photograph.” - Garry Winogrand

14. “Photographers mistake the emotion they feel while taking the photo as a judgment that the photograph is good” – Garry Winogrand

15. “Photography is the easiest art, which perhaps makes it the hardest.”
- Lisette Model

16. “Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times… I just shoot at what interests me at that moment.” 
- Elliott Erwitt

17. “Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” 
- Imogen Cunningham

18. “If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.”
- Jim Richardson

19. “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” - Andre Kertesz

20. “When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!” - Ted Grant

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment