Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wide angle lens

It’s a shame to admit but I don’t have a proper wide angle lens. Yes, I do have a kit one which is 18-55 mm and a universal range lens 24-70 mm but in lots of situations it’s just not enough. Anyway it’s the decision time! I hope I’ll chose wisely and maybe some of you’ll find my way of thinking helpful in making your own choices.

I already had a closer look what’s available, read some reviews and asked people but still haven’t made up my mind. The choice is even harder because there’s a variety of brands and models in wide angle lenses class. I’m looking for something from 20-24 mm (my main lens is 24-70 mm) and of course the wider the better. Price I’d say is 700 euro max. Initial selection gave me the following list of lenses...














Tokina AT-X 124 PRO DX II AF 12-24 mm f/4














Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX AF 11-16 mm f/2.8














Sigma EX DC HSM 10-20 mm f/3.5













Sigma EX DC HSM 10-20 mm f/4-5.6














Tamron SP AF Di II LD Aspherical (IF) 10-24 mm f/3.5-4.5

All of these lenses are from 550 to 650 euro. All prices are from Dublin stores.

As soon as I decide and buy it I’ll share this happy moment with you. I’ll also write a bit more about each of these lenses and explain my decision. Stay tuned!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment